Thursday, June 12, 2014

I'm taking a vacation...whaaaaat?!

YOU GUYS. Do you know how hard it is to get approved for leave from the Military? At Davis Monthan Air Force Base? As a firefighter? Well, manning is down, so apparently it's really, really difficult.
But, guess what?
TOBY GOT IT!!
These are our happy faces :)
 (Okay, so they're not exactly in reaction to the leave approval, but they're still our happy faces)

He hasn't been home (and when I say "home", I mean Ohio) since he got stationed here in Tucson in mid-July of last year. He and his brother are best friends (literally, they talk more frequently than Brianna and I do), and he lives in Colorado Springs, CO with his wife. So, I am so excited and happy to tell you all that, come August 1st, we will be flying to CO to spend a week with his brother, and then to Ohio to spend a week with his family.

I know, I know. I'm supposed to dread meeting his parents, especially because it will have only been five months that we've been together. But seriously, I cannot contain my excitement about it. I am so smitten with this boy. And I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to meet the people who raised him to be the man that I adore so much.

Anyway, I just had to share the good news with you all. We legitimately thought he was going to be denied, because one of his friends had applied for the same two weeks months ago and they're really low on manning at the moment so basically no one is getting leave right now. I was working when he found out, and of course my phone died, so when I charged my phone and read the message, I was beyond ecstatic.

Sorry, okay, I know you don't really care (especially because it's not someplace like the Caribbean or Alaska or something cool) but I just had to let you all know because I literally cannot wait! Eeeek! Okay I'm done. Yay. Kbye

PS, I just ate 18 pizza rolls while writing this post...and I hate myself a little bit for it but #yolo
 photo squatssig_zps900cefef.png

1 comment:

  1. 18 pizza rolls...I've never been more proud! I'm happy it got approved but I'm sad you can't visit me and I miss you and sorry I'm just seeing this

    ReplyDelete