Thursday, May 29, 2014

Organizing: my life, wallet, AND blog

Okay, I know I've said that before, but just stick with me here. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong. Maybe I'm not quite creative enough, I don't have the time, blogging isn't for me, or a myriad of other reasons why I've been so inconsistent with my blog posts. However, I don't really think any of this is true. Yeah, I'm not the most creative person in the world, but that hasn't stopped me in other aspects of my life. Okay, I'm a busy person. But if I were really that busy, I wouldn't have started the blog to begin with. I honestly think my issue lies in my organizational techniques. I can be organized when I want to, I know I can. I make lists and calendars and all of those things. My problem is sticking to the lists and calendars. So, I'm making a serious effort to change that, starting right now.

My life:
I've had this calendar all school year, and it usually helps...when I remember to look at it.
(To prove my point, I had to go all the way back to the second week of classes in September when I actually was "consistently using" the planner).
I'm going to start using this to keep track of appointments, summer class due dates, days that Toby has off, etc.

My wallet:
I bought this cute little journal a few months ago from Target to keep track of my spending.
I was actually doing really well with it...for about three weeks. I've discussed how appalled I was at my spending habits (especially when it comes to eating out), but up until now I've not really done much to change it. Hopefully, once I get into the habit, knowing that I have to write the expenses down in a journal will help me refrain from actually doing the spending; that's the goal, at least!

The blog:
I have this leather-bound book (can you tell I have a thing for little journals/planners?) that I usually use to write my grocery list on.
However, I think I'm going to use it for planning out blog posts; at least until I can get myself another little planner (seriously, I'm in love obsessed with planners)!

Ohmygosh. YOU GUYS. That was an organized post. Who knew I was capable?! Yay for self-progress!

How do you keep your lives organized? Seriously, I'd love to know!!
 photo squatssig_zps900cefef.png

1 comment: