Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Summer school and the sickies

Okay, I know "sickies" isn't really a word, but it doesn't have the little red squiggly line underneath it, so it counts...right?  I'm going to assume you all just nodded in agreement with me.  Anyway, moving on.
I started summer classes last week, which is why I've been a bit lazy lately (okay, that's not the only reason; I'm still getting used to the whole blogging thing, okay? Cut me some slack!).  I'm currently taking Spanish 403, which is about Mexican literature.  It's a three week course, so not bad right? Wrong.  It's 9-12 every single day.  That's 15 hours a week (and 45 hours total) in the classroom, reading and speaking in Spanish. I keep telling myself it's okay, though, because A, I'm halfway done (yay!) and B, after next Saturday (yeah, we're making up for Memorial Day by having class on Saturday), I will officially have completed my minor in Spanish! But the thing is, I should have been done with my minor after the Fall 2013 semester; however, because I didn't take Rio (the community college in Phoenix through which you can take "dual enrollment" classes in high school to gain college credit) for Spanish 5-6, or Spanish 3, I was missing 6 credits towards my minor. They made me take two extra classes, when I entered college in Spanish 325, which is technically 6th semester Spanish. You might be thinking, oh well, at least you're fluent in the language since you're in your 10th semester! Oh contraire, dear friend. After 9 years taking Spanish classes, I am NOT fluent. Not even close. You know how there's always that one person in your foreign language class who just absolutely sucks? Yeah, that's me. I am the worst at speaking Spanish. At least I can write, though...I got the highest grade on our first essay, woo! Anyway, I'm almost done then I will never take a Spanish class ever again...unless I somehow get the opportunity to study abroad, in which case why not major...?

Ah, the sickies. On Wednesday night, Toby and I made the boring drive to Phoenix to watch my little brother graduate high school *tear* on Thursday evening.
That's not actually my brother...I haven't gotten all of the pictures yet. But that's his best friend (and future roommate!) and my sister :)
I was feelin' good, even on the way back to Tucson late Thursday night. But Friday morning, I woke up feeling super achey and just all-around sick. I went with it, tried to drink lots of water, etc. Then Saturday, it was even worse. I didn't even want to get out of bed to pee (which I have to do quite frequently, curse my bladder). Saturday was even worse because my stomach hurt, too. Not quite nausea, but not really cramps, either. It was weird. This went on for about four days, but I'm finally feeling better, woohoo!

Phew, that was a long post about pretty much nothing...but thanks for bearing with me! Maybe I'll actually figure out how to organize a good post eventually...

What have you been up to this week?
 photo squatssig_zps900cefef.png

No comments:

Post a Comment